What you’ll need:
1 package of sugar cookie mix (I used Betty Crocker)
1/3 cup vegetable/canola oil
3-6 drops of green food coloring
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
6 regular sized Hershey’s milk chocolate bars
Muffin Pan, either mini or full-sized
Paper muffin cups to fit your pan
It’s so easy…
1. Prepare the cookie dough by the package’s directions, omitting the eggs (unless you don’t quiver in fear over Salmonella… then go for it!).
2. You may need to add some extra water to get the consistancy that you want, since we probably left out the eggs. You want the dough moist, not crumbling and not soupy. Add 3-6 drops of green food coloring (color to your preference) and 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract.
3. Place paper pan liners in the pan.
4. Roll dough into small enough round balls to fit into your muffin tin. You want to leave room at the top and sides because we’re about to fill the cup with chocolate…
5. Take 1/2 of your stash of chocolate bars and melt them slowly. I tossed it in the microwave at :30 intervals and it worked just fine. The chocolate cools and hardens relatively quickly, so I recommend doing only 2-3 bars at a time.
6. Once melted, pour chocolate into the muffin cups until your ball of dough is covered. Then fill the next cup, and so on and so forth.
7. Once all of your balls are covered with chocolate, let them cool in the refrigerator (or the freezer if you can’t fathom waiting…). I don’t know how long it takes to cool in the fridge, I’ve never had the patience… But it only takes about 10 minutes in the freezer.
8. Once cooled, slowly pull off the paper…
9. And pull on your favorite yoga pants and start chipping away at your DVR and ENJOY!!